No matter how many safety measures you are following, getting yourself exposed to the sunlight for too long will have some adverse effect on you. As we know that nowadays, both males and females are getting attracted towards tanned skin, they all want to flaunt the sun-kissed glow.
So, in this article, I will be sharing some ways that will not only help you to tan safely but quickly as well. After getting tan, how can you keep that tone last longer so that you don’t have to go through the hassle too frequently?
The best way for a safe tan is going for an expert tanning parlor or using tanning lotions for indoor tanning. Now, when it comes to men, their skin is way thicker than that of a woman. Best mens tanning lotions are a better option for them.
When it comes to men’s cosmetic products, you need to be careful about the ingredients and the fragrance. Most of the products like these are made for women so that they will work better on them. The smell may also be flowery and feminine, which can contradict your choice.
But if you still want to get tanned under the sun, then keep these things in mind:
- The sunrays become the most harmful during the time between 11 am to 3 am. So it will be best if we can avoid going under the sun for a tanning session between that period.
- Keep checking on yourself that you are burnt or not. Because sometimes, the signs of burning may not be visible under the sun that easily.
- Always have a water resource with you while you are outside sitting for a tanning session. You may end up being dehydrated if you don’t drink water from time to time.
- Apply a generous amount of sunscreen before heading outside. Not only that, don’t forget to reapply the sunscreen according to the instructions, because some sunscreens may need to be reapplied after every 2 hours, as for some, it may be 4. Even after swimming or sweating a lot, you must reapply because the sunscreen may just melt away with the water or sweat even if it’s waterproof.
- Don’t forget to take breaks; it’s not only just for the skin. But your body also may need rest from the scorching heat of the sun.
- Take sunglasses and a sunhat with you to protect your scalp and eyes. Your hair may get damaged by the heat and can become rough.
- Getting a tan by having short sessions is better than going for one prolonged tan.
- You can use tanning lotions for the even tanned look. First, use sunscreen; when it dries up a bit, use a tanning lotion. You will need a quicker tan when your skin is moisturized.
Make It Last Longer
Now, after getting a beautiful tan, you may want to know ways to make it last longer.
- The first thing is to moisturize your skin every day. Your skin may get dry after a tanning session, so it’s better to keep it healthy by moisturizing. In this way, the tan will not wear off that easily as well.
- Don’t use a harsh exfoliator or any kind of scrubbing methods after getting a tan. Because it will cause the tan to get eliminated or make it uneven.
- You can avoid taking hot or warm showers if you aim to keep your tan for a longer period.
- Best tan extender lotion is also an amazing option because it will help you last longer than it is supposed to be because of its formulation.
Getting yourself exposed to the sun for an extended time can cause skin cancer and may accelerate your aging process. So don’t forget other factors just to get that sun-tanned skin.